Canada Border Services Agency has launched the ArriveCAN mobile app to make it easier for travellers to provide their contact information upon entering the country. All travellers are required to provide contact and quarantine information upon and after entry into Canada. This is part of Canada’s efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and prevent importation. This information is crucial to Canada’s response to COVID-19. Paper forms can be incomplete or inaccurate, and can take days to process. To help provinces and territories protect their citizens, the Government of Canada is moving to a safer and faster paperless process.
As of November 21, 2020, if you’re flying to Canada as your final destination, you must use ArriveCAN to submit your:
- travel and contact information
- quarantine plan (unless exempted under conditions set out in the mandatory isolation order)
- COVID-19 symptom self-assessments
You must use ArriveCAN before you board your flight to Canada.
- If you’re using the ArriveCAN app, your window to submit information opens 90 days before your flight.
- If you submit your information by signing into ArriveCAN online, your window opens 14 days before your flight.
Once you submit your information through ArriveCAN:
- a receipt will be displayed
- be ready to show the receipt to a Canadian border services officer
- you can show your receipt from the app as a screenshot or printout
If you’re travelling to Canada by land or sea, you’re strongly encouraged to submit your travel information through ArriveCAN. This will speed up processing at the border and limit points of contact.
Show your ArriveCAN receipt to the border services officer.
Requirements after you entered Canada:
As of November 21, 2020, all travellers, whether you travel by air, land or sea, must report daily after your entry into Canada. If you’re entering Canada for exempt travel, you don’t have to report after you’ve entered.
You must report to:
- confirm that you’ve arrived at the address you provided for your quarantine or isolation location within 48 hours of your entry into Canada
- complete daily COVID-19 symptom self-assessments until the completion of your quarantine period or until you report symptoms
If you don’t complete your reporting after you’ve entered Canada, you may receive phone calls or public health follow-ups.
Please feel free to contact our lawyers at email@example.com, if you have any questions about the ArriveCAN app program.