To make it easier to apply an Ontario Nomination under the French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) has recently launched a new online application process. Now, rather than submitting a paper application to OINP, applicants must submit their applications through the OINP e-filing Portal using their One-key account. This new online process reduces the burden on applicants to provide original signatures and documents with their applications, and should lead to more transparency throughout the application process as well as faster processing times.
The OINP French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream is intended for skilled workers with strong English and French language skills who qualify for Express Entry under the Canadian Experience Class or Federal Skilled Worker Class. This program was created in support of the province of Ontario’s commitment to increase Francophone immigration to 5% of overall immigration to the province.
OINP may nominate candidates in the Express Entry pool for a Provincial Nomination under the French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream if they meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of language scores of CLB Level 7 in every category in French and CLB Level 6 in every category in English
- Work experience meeting the criteria of the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) or Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Education equivalent to at least a Canadian Bachelor’s Degree
- Sufficient settlement funds
- Intention to reside in Ontario