The Ontario Immigration Nominee Program made important amendments to the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream eligible occupations by adding 13 new manufacturing related National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes for employment positions located outside of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) only (i.e. work or report to work outside the GTA). The Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream supports employers facing labour shortages in specific in-demand occupations, such as agriculture, construction and other low-to-semi-skilled NOC C or D occupations
The additional 13 NOCs are:
- 9411 – Machine operators, mineral and metal processing
- 9416 – Metalworking and forging machine operators
- 9417 – Machining tool operators
- 9418 – Other metal products machine operators
- 9421 – Chemical plant machine operators
- 9422 – Plastics processing machine operators
- 9437 – Woodworking machine operators
- 9446 – Industrial sewing machine operators
- 9461 – Process control and machine operators, food, beverage and associated products processing
- 9523 – Electronics assemblers, fabricators, inspectors and testers
- 9526 – Mechanical assemblers and inspectors
- 9536 – Industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators
- 9537 – Other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors
The applicants under this category are no longer required to meet the settlement funds requirement.
The Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream is an immigration stream under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program. It gives foreign workers with a job offer in specific in-demand occupations, such as in agriculture, construction, trucking or personal support work, the opportunity to apply to permanently live and work in Ontario. This stream is open to foreign workers in and outside of Canada.
Please contact one of lawyers at [email protected] for further details.