The Province of Ontario will nominate certain workers in skilled trades for immigration to Canada if they practice a profession that is in demand in Ontario. Workers in construction and agriculture are particularly in demand in Ontario.
If you have 9 months of work experience in Ontario and work in one of the in-demand professions listed below, you might be eligible for immigration to Canada under this stream.
- Construction trades labourers
- Farm workers
- Harvesting labourers
- Heavy equipment operators (except crane operators)
- Home support workers and related occupations (except housekeepers)
- Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers, and related workers
- Nurse aides, orderlies, and patient service associates
- Nursery and greenhouse workers
- Residential and commercial installers and servicers
- Transport truck drivers
If you would like to discuss the OINP In-Demand stream or other Canadian immigration matters, please contact our office to schedule a consultation.