U.S. Visas

US B1/B2 Visa
The B visa category is for individuals who are entering the U.S. to engage in short-term business activities and who will not enter the U.S. labour market. In order to qualify for a B-1 visa, applicants must demonstrate non-immigrant intent. They must show that they will not receive remuneration from any company in the U.S., other than payment for incidental expenses such as travel and accommodation related to their trip.

B-1 visa holders can attend meetings, negotiate agreements, participate in conferences or seminars, scout property, meet with potential employers or employees and consult with business partners. They must not engage in actual work while in the U.S. and their stay is limited to six months, renewable for a further six months. B-2 visas are for individuals entering the U.S. for tourism or pleasure. In order to qualify for a B-2 visa, individuals must prove they have strong ties to their country of residence and that they have no intention of remaining in the U.S. beyond their visa limit.

The Links on the right hand column offer a brief overview of U.S. Temporary Visas.